Sunday, May 8, 2011

Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer




I recieved a mini Photo Finish Lid Primer with my purchase of the Smashbox Softbox Palette a few weeks ago so I thought I would review it separately now that i've had time to try it out. 

I'll admit that at first I did not like this primer. It was chalky feeling and went on a little cakey, plus it was a little too 'yellow' for my lids. I like it a little better now than I did the first time I tried it, but I still prefer UD Primer Potion anyday. 

Photo Finish acts as a primer & base all-in-one. The wand makes for easy, smooth application, and the formula itself is O.K. in my opinion. I do still get a little bit of creasing, and I find it hard to use this primer with any shades that are 'nude'. When i use bright or light shades the primer seems to wash them out and overpower them, which i hate. This isnt the worst primer i've ever used, but its not super great either so I wouldnt recommend spending your money on the full-sized product. Invest in Urban Decay Primer Potion instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment