If you've ever had a foundation that just didn't match, you need to read this post! For those of you who regularly read my posts, you'll know a while back i bought the new Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in the lightest shade possible for me, and it was still way too pink/warm for my skin tone. I also have a L'Oreal TrueMatch foundation that was way too light and too drying on my skin. I have been thinking a lot about how to fix these two products in order to continue using them and not waste any money - i found it!!
A while back at WalMart i found these two cute little travel bottles hanging from the side of an aisle. It comes with one pump bottle, and one squirt bottle for $1.99. At first i had no use for them i just figured at some point they would come in handy and i was right! lol. *I plan to use the squirt bottle to make a homemade brush cleanser. I will do a full review & pics along w/ a recipe for that soon!*
Mixing Your Own Foundation
- Make sure you have an empty pump or pour bottle ready to use. They can be bought in the travel-size section in the beauty aisles at your local drugstore and are usually very cheap.
- Take two foundations that don't exactly match you, but you think would work well together. I chose these two shades and mixed a tiny amount together before dumping them in the bottle to make sure they made a nice shade. This may take a few tries.
- When you've figured out how much of each shade you need - wether it's ½ and ½ or ¾ to ¼ of each foundation - begin slowly pouring them into the empty bottle. Do not pour them in all at once.
- When the bottle is about ¼ of the way full begin to shake the bottle to mix to two shades and see if you're happy with the results. If you are - continue pouring the same way. If you aren't - try mixing in different amounts to balance it out until you have it right.
- Once you've balanced the two shades and you're happy with the results, fill the bottle up as much as you can. Shake it and mix the two shades together and you're done!!
- Shake well before each use.
Luckily i only needed to mix equal parts of my two shades so i basically dumped the entire bottle of Fit Me into the pump bottle and then dumped the entire bottle of TrueMatch ontop of and then shook it to mix them. The shade is still a tad light for me but its MUCH better than the others were by themselves. Because the Fit Me was too pink and a tad too oily and the TruMatch was too dry and too light, they mixed together very well!! Overall im happy with the results and i used the foundation directly after mixing them and it fit me great!
If you try this or have tried this in the past please let me know how it worked out for you, or if you did anything differently! :) Thanks for reading.