Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sonia Kashuk Spring Awakening Palette



I bought this travel-friendly Sonia Kashuk Spring Awakening Palette ($19.99) at Target a couple weeks ago. It comes with: sturdy metal case w/ clasp closure, 4 eyeshadows, 1 eye definer, 1 blush, and 3 glosses. Its the perfect size for throwing in your purse and you can basically create and entire look from it (minus foundation and mascara!). I like it best for touch ups on-the-go, and although this is called the "Spring Awakening" palette, the colors are universal and could be use at anytime of year.


LIP GLOSSES: This palette comes with 3  glosses: a light golden bronze, pinky-mauve, and  medium bronze. All of these glosses are very moisturizing and surprisingly pigmented. My only  concern with this palette is the fact that im afraid any warmth (like from  the heat in my car/purse) and the glosses may melt and run into the rest of the palette ruining it.   


BLUSH & EYE DEFINER: The blush with this palette is a nice size and very pigmented. It has a little shimmer and its a flattering pink shade. It blends well but may not be for all skin tones. The eye definer is VERY pigmented. When i swatched it it actually stained my hand lol and was a little hard to remove. It would be nice as a powder eyeliner.
Eye Definer

EYESHADOWS: The four shadows that come with this palette are pigmented and pretty!! This palette makes it easy to create and entire eye look in a few small steps, but as you can see there are no brushes. You could easily use your fingers but i dont like doing that because I can never get the results i want, so I also purchased a mini ECOTOOLS Travel Brush Kit to go along side this Spring Awakening palette in my purse.



Blush


OVERVIEW: Im glad i bought this palette. I didnt have a travel-friendly palette that would fit well in my purse and have all the essentials I needed for touch ups on-the-go. Now, i do :) lol. I like all the shades and they match my skin tone well so overall I am pleased with my purchase. 
  

Closed palette and ecotools brush kit
Closed Palette
Eyeshadows -Top Row: Shimmery bronze, Metalic/shimmer taupe.
Bottom Row: Medium matte brown, Dark matte brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment