Monday, June 20, 2011

The Power of Makeup





I recently did an FOTD using the new Wet N Wild summer products, and at the time i had taken photos of my full face routine. I did post them on Luuux but i was a little self conscious of posting them anywhere else... just to be honest. However, Huda inspired me to go ahead and post them thanks to the one she recent did. Everyone please check out her blog!! :)

Thanks to the a new foundation I tried, i have had a recent breakout (ugh!!) so i am currently trying to cover that up which means i need alot of concealer. You can read the steps below, or view them above.

My Routine

  1. I begin with a bare face and apply a primer like L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base.
  2. I then use a small concealer brush to apply a green concealer like Physicians Formula Conceal Rx in Soft Green to any red spots or blemishes.
  3. After that has dried (its quick) i use Physicians Formula Conceal Rx in Light which is skin tones to cover the green concealer.
  4. I pat around the edges of the concealer to soften it.
  5. After that i apply my foundation with a stippling duo fibre brush (Sigma F50) which is a mix of 1/2 Maybelline Fit Me in 115, and L'Oreal TrueBlend in Porcelaine.
  6. I allow my foundation to set for about 5 minutes then i top it with an M.U.F.E HD Powder to nix any oiliness.
  7. After im finished with my face i continue on to my eye makeup, which in this case was Wet N Wild The Gilded Age eyeshadow trio.
  8. I finished with Wet N Wild Everything Under The Sun Bronzer and Wet N Wild lipstick in Bare It All.
Thats it!! I can do this process in 10-15 minutes if rushed but i tend to take my time in order to ensure i get it just right, LOL. I think i look a million times better with makeup and while i dont always wear a full face i sometimes just do eyeliner + mascara and leave it at that.

Once my face clears up, because its summer, i'll be using a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm glad I inspired you to do a post like this, but yours is way better! Honestly, you look gorgeous before and after. Thanks so much for sharing your routine with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks alot!! And you're welcome for sharing the routine. Its definitely not something i would normally do to show myself in that state LOL

    ReplyDelete